Saturday, January 26, 2019

My first earth quake experience


My first earth quake experience




I started my career in July 2000 and I joined into a small Chennai based telecom company. After I joined the next day, they sent me to Rajkot (Gujarat) to handover responsibilities from other guy who leaving from the company. This my first on site experience and that too different state. We are doing a project for Western railways and we need to install IVR system in multiple locations.


In this process, I finished Gujarat and moved to Mahsena (Small place in Gujarat) to work on the same project. This is in January 26th, 2001 and me and one of my co-developer we landed there, and work is going to start work from next day. 


In the morning around 8:30 am, me and my friend sitting and chit chatting in the lodge. Suddenly I feel that there a vibration / shake and I asked my friend also “have you feel the same?” When we both are figuring out the root cause then we heard loud voice saying Please Jump. We came to the balcony and saw there are many people on the road with half shower and everyone shouting Jump Jump. I just turn and see my friend is not there and he is running I also blindly followed him and came down.


After we came down, next 5 mins there is post office which is next to our lodge is collapsed. Many people have lost their homes / life, No power / transport / network. 


This is my first earth quake experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment